Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Living proof that faster isnt better

One word....BUSY

That's what I feel like I have been lately, now I enjoy being a "busy-body" as my hubby calls it, makes me feel accomplished through my repetitious days.

But....I'm coming to realize with all my busyness that trying to move faster to accomplish more is never a good thing.
In fact I can visualize my out of control self (in life right now) morph into one of those crazy street drivers that dart in and out of traffic, passing everyone so I can "Go Faster" because I'm in a hurry. While you casually driving at the same constant-laid back speed enjoying the view and loving the moment.
In a matter of time, you catch up to the maniac (me) whose crazied-panicked efforts only gained 5 extra seconds (if that).
You enjoyed your ride...me on the other hard was a frantic out-of-control mess.

My messes (Living proof that faster isn't better).....

1. The other day I was trying to hurry home. Our stupid garage door sensor wasn't working, after 11 quick clicks and 2 misfires where the door began to open but with my impatient clicketty clacking I caused the door to stall about 4 inches off the ground. I then had to wait for the door to close down again before trying to reopen it. After finally mastering it, I hurried into the garage, dodging our lazy, slow moving, 9 year old lab who likes to nap in the center of the garage floor. I misjudged my momentum and CRACK...ran a bike handle right through my front Van Grill.....nice...but nothing a little super glue cant fix, right? :)

2. Mental note: setting an appointment to meet up in 20 minutes...when you still have to shower and dress yourself. (Never a good idea) I showered faster than ever, even shaved my legs (extra points right there...am I right ladies), jumped out, blow dried my hair went to get dressed, figured I could wiggle into my jeans without fully unzipping the zipper, but in one massive power pull I  blew the zipper completely out!! It EXPLODED, ripping the zipper teeth clean off the pants. I cant find them....they are gone...and the zipper is destroyed. one pair of nice pants...GONE. :( One semi-self confident mom...feeling fat again (never a good way to go through out the day).

3. My 3yr old went to the restroom, I figured I had time to change a dirty diaper of my 18 month old before going to help my 3 yr old. But half way through a messy diaper change he starts to call out from the bathroom, MOMMMMM I DONE! MOMMMM WHERE ARE YOU?? I'M DONNNEEEE!!!! MMOOMMM So I clean up the 18 month old - hike his pants up, set him down to play and move on to help in the bathroom. I would say life was good for about an hour....until my 18 month old walked up to me crying hysterically and completely drenched from the waist down, I pick him up and peak down the pants to see what on earth is going on with this cheap diaper...and SURPRISE...NO DIAPER! Yep...log that one away for best mom move ever!! The poor little guy.

So...learn from my mistakes ladies and SLOW THOSE PONIES DOWN because in the long run its really not worth the effort, eventually everyone else will catch up to you but they will be happy and relaxed because they took it slow and enjoy the scenery, do yourself a favor - take my advice....SLOW DOWN and enjoy the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I've had almost the exact situations! I hope your next week went better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I wish I had more of this in me. I think "oh I should hurry and do this or that before I do this and I should do that" or whatever, but thats about as far as I get. I need to act on my thoughts more instead of just think about them. Really! I would get so much more done and wouldnt be gaining so much weight sitting here all day eating my bom boms!!! (or whatever it is us stay at home moms eat) Honestly though I think your awesome and dont know how you do all that you do. I cant even keep my house clean (Because of said reason- thinking, not acting) And... I feel bad about your zipper and your pants. I told you no hurry, I could have gone later. No need to rush for me.

    ReplyDelete