Monday, November 21, 2011

The Stories I Write...

Of all the stories I write for the Daily Herald...these are the ones I hate the most....The sad ones,

Inndia Powell and her two younger boys, Ashton (1) and Alexander (3) were killed in a car accident on their way to Wyoming last week.


Everyone that I interviewed and spoke with expressed what an amazing mom, wife and friend Inndia was. I wish I could do more for their family, it breaks my heart to hear things like this. It always leaves us asking why...I believe that's what makes these situations so painful for us, we just don't understand the eternal plan behind it all.

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers -- with the holidays upon us and everyone starting to return to their own lives, Thomas and Anthony will have a lot of time alone. Lets not let them feel forgotten.

If you live close to the Eagle Mountain Utah area, come over to the Powell Family Bake Sale Fundraiser.

* 4pm-7pm tomorrow (Nov. 22rd) at Eagle Valley Elementary. (4475 N. Heritage Drive in Eagle Mt.)

*They are selling pies, breads and all sorts of yummies that can be eaten at your Thanksgiving dinner (possibly saving you time on your own meal preparations).

*There will also be a silent action on decorations, etc

Read more about them at http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/north/eagle-mountain/neighbors-plan-thanksgiving-bake-sale-to-help-powell-family/article_760dcf0a-3dba-543e-b98d-ffd08a7b0619.html

There has also been an account set up at America First Credit Union under the name "Inndia Powell Family Memorial".

1 comment:

  1. I saw this news story and my heart broke. I cannot even believe such a thing could happen so close to home. Sad, makes me want to hug my kids and husband that much tighter. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete