Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Be strong, and do it.

I laid awake last night wishing for just one good night of sleep and asking Heavenly Father, "Really, Come on? If there is something to be learned here, I'm sure I've learned it. Could I just have ONE night of good sleep?"
Finally my baby was sleeping, instead of waking every hour at night but now my 7 year old was up coughing, and coughing and coughing -- so much that she threw-up twice from her coughing fits. I felt bad for her, but at the same time was annoyed (shame on me I know) that I was having to swap out bedding more than once, at nearly 1:00am in the morning.

So as I waited for her to drift back off to sleep, instead of festering in bed in silence I thought -- well...might as well read my scriptures. (I've been trying to get through the Old Testament since....huh....I can't remember how long its been- how sad is that)....but maybe I was slacking in my reading because tonight was the night I needed to hear the words that I read.

It was in 1Chronicles 28:20
Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not,
nor be dismayed for the Lord God will be with thee,
until thou hast finished all the work. 

Isn't that what Motherhood is all about - Its about sacrifice, whether its your sleep or your time, its some of the hardest work we face....Motherhood has its moments where you are going to think 'enough is enough'...but its at those moments when we need to "BE STRONG...And DO IT.....and always remember - The lord will be with us until the work is done.

GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO TODAY --- AND NO MATTER HOW DIFFICULT THE SITUATION IS THAT YOU FACE... 
BE STRONG AND DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment