Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Its a SPOON! - Get a grip

I'm slightly embarrassed to post this one because it might make me look like a complete lunatic. But....my hope is that my readers will either understand my insanity or wont make the same mistake I did.

we woke up yesterday morning and headed down to breakfast. After getting the kids cereal all poured I realize -- because I didn't do the dishes the day before, we were spoon less, I couldn't even scrounge up my usual plastic supply, it was out too.

I found myself quickly annoyed at the fact I was digging through the sink, finding spoons to wash. My sweet hubby -- innocently made the comment "We just need to buy more spoons so we wont run out as quickly."

KABOOM!
Wrong thing to say to a wildly unstable woman who was digging through a sink of filth at 8am in the morning.
 For some reason -- the very though of "buy more spoons" made me angry - but only with myself. Why had I been so LAZY yesterday, Why wasn't I capable of staying on top of such a SIMPLE task as keeping the spoons we did have, clean.

(I know, your thinking wow - phys co.....you can stop reading anytime now if you want.) 

It took me a good 2 hours to get a grip on myself and realize, "HELLO,...Its a SPOON."

I then had to go around and apologize to everyone in the family for my stupid-spitfire morning. Never a fun task...but it needed to be done.

There are going to be days when things you do will never be good enough, in your eyes. Those are the days you need to reality check yourself...are you plummeting over something as silly as a spoon?? Keep focused on what really is important -- Do what you can to keep the spirit in the home, Don't get frustrated and don't let something so meaningless ruin your day.

so next time you feel your mood shifting...think of me, then ask yourself,
" IS THIS A SPOON ISSUE?"

No comments:

Post a Comment