Monday, August 29, 2011

I love *SUNdays*

I look forward to Sunday -- and only because it recharges, teaches and brightens my out look on life. My Sundays can be busy, with  my hubby gone early each morning, then up on the stand during sacrament - fulfilling his bishopric duties. I'm trying to entertain and hush 4 - sometimes 5 little bodies, age 7 to 11months.

Amidst all the chatty little voices and fussy baby cries -- there was something my High Councilman said that impacted me, he said....

"The fact is, you will never have enough time to teach
your kids everything they need to know...
so wisely use the time you have been given."


I am guilty of filling my day unknowingly with tasks that eliminate precious time I should be giving to my kids.

I"m going to make a conscience effort and I encourage you as well -- no matter the age of your child/children invite them to be involved in your day, it provides opportunity for them to talk and for you to teach. Make your daily tasks (chores) fun for them as well. Their attention wont last long -- so in that brief moment take the time to hug them, laugh with them and remind them just how amazing they are and that you love them!

Now this isn't to make you feel guilty -- but I hope it encourages you, as it did me, to involve your kids more.

----------------------------------------------------
This last weekend my 4 year old helped can cherry pie filling and my 7 year old wanted to learn how to sew a pillowcase for her friend's birthday. Yes, I could have accomplished both of these tasks a lot faster on my own -- but doing so would have waisted away precious memories. 

Without saying a word, I could tell they truly appreciated and enjoyed the time spent together, their actions said it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment