Friday, September 23, 2011

There is a lesson to be learned

You know that thing that your kid keeps doing, over...and over...and over again. From your perspective the problem could be resolved if they would just listen to you in the first place. You find yourself echoing yesterdays lecturing words of wisdom day after day.

Like this morning, everyone work up a bit cranky...Including me, I'm not going to lie. So when the fighting and crying began full force at 7:50am...by 8:15 I had had enough. I sat my kids down and I laid it all out...but the end of my rant my oldest was near tears and my 2 others just sat staring blank faced and shell shocked from over their cereal bowls on the table.

Had I went to far?? what are they thinking right now....did it sink in this time that enough was enough? They knew what was expected of them, regardless of how their day was going, I expect them to show love and respect to each other at all times, Their siblings should be their best friends, not the people the come and go in their lives through school relations, no bulling, no punching while moms not looking, no saying hurtful things.....would the lesson finally sink in....would something be learned?

--- ON THE FLIP SIDE ---

I know I'm guilty of not doing the things my Heavenly Father has asked of me, I'm reminded all the time of what I "Should be doing" or "What is expected of me" as a mother, as a daughter of god, as his child.

I know sometimes I push my limits as well -- and in return, I'm sure my Heavenly Father sometimes feels the parental frustrations I endure with my own little ones.

We know what we should be doing, We've been told over, and over and over again.

There is going to come a day when we'll be sat down and reprimand in our own way. We will think, yes, I should have been doing this, or maybe I should have done that before it got this out of hand.

Do we want to wait for the day? Or can we stop the momentum now from building?

How many of our 'Problems' could be resolved if we would just do what we know we should.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't enjoy myself this morning, and I'm sure Heavenly Father takes no joy in reprimanding us at times.

There is just simply a lesson to be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment