Friday, September 30, 2011

Pictures of Christ

I feel that children are subconsciously influenced by the decor inside the home. Their environment speaks to them -- what is your home saying?

I've tried to make an effort to put up pictures -- large or small -- around their rooms, one the fridge and on the walls of the home.....on the backside of their bedroom door, so when they storm up there and slam it shut they have a picture of Christ staring back at them.

You can purchase little picture packets from Desertbook.com for just a few bucks.
http://deseretbook.com/Ministry-Christ-Packet-3x4-Sounds-Zion/i/2886151
They are the perfect size to place around the home.

A while back I was looking for a picture of Christ to put by the front door in our living room. I didn't have very much cash so I tried my luck and looked on ksl.com classified and was surprised to see quite a few pictures of Christ for sale. Many of the ads listed "Does not go with decor"...how is it possible that a picture of Christ could clash with any style? But at their loss and my gain --  I scored a very cool picture for $15 bucks, but it made me wonder....How does Christ fit into our lives? Does his image go with our decor?

Try to make Christ more a part of your home -- The present of his images can be a simple reminder, to not only our family but to us as tired, well-worn, emotional moms looking for that day by day pick-me-up; to be more Christ like - gentle and kind.

Ye Are the Light of the World -- by Simon Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment