Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Its the little Memories...

I have found that on days when I'm not feeling that chipper or having a poor me day (as I call it), one of the simplest ways to change my mood is to open my Journals and read.

I'm not sure if you can even call my Journals -- Journals. They are more so memory books. They are littered with small entries, each one comprised of something that made me smile, and nothing makes me smile more than the silly or sweet things my kiddos do as I watch them grow.

I encourage you today to pull out a note book, an old Journal or whatever you have, (Internet postings wont count) It needs to be something tangible, a book that you can pull out at any time -- open and read it. In just a few minutes of reminiscing you will feel better, be happier, love more and most of you will be reminded that Motherhood is worth it!

Here are just  few examples of my entries -- proof that they don't have to be complex. After all its the little things in life that make us happy and that often are forgotten with time. It will only take a few minutes before you go to sleep to recapture brief highlights of your day, remember...Simple is all you need.


"Today at lunch Arlee told me she wanted to grow up to be a paleontologist, Dewie pipped up and said, 'Oh yeah, Well I'm going to be a witch!' and then Corby added, 'And I'm going to be a Frog!'"

"I heard Dewie talking in her bed tonight -- I went in to check on her. She was mumbling in her sleep so I leaned in and said 'Dewie are you okay?' She answered, 'Yep, and I found some cheese.' Holding back laughter I said, 'well good, but are you okay? Need anything?' she replied, 'nope, I'm good.' I kissed her and she turned over and went back to sleep."

"Arlee was making her sandwich today for lunch, she pulled out the lunch meat and said in a surprised voice, 'Huh! I didn't know you could buy SMOKED turkey Beast...'I laughed and said...Yeahhhh...then she added, 'how do they smoke it?' and I said 'I think your question should be...where do they Find Turkey BEASTS. She looked confused for a second, looked back at the lunch meat package, reread it and started to belly laugh."

"Today after nursery Corby's teacher came up and told me that Corby was playing Lego's and building something all class. When he was asked at the end of class what he built, he answered, "The Temple."  (What a sweet boy! Maybe we are doing something right.)"

"Creedin thinks it hilarious to screech at the top of his lungs, then laugh. It makes you laugh because of his belly giggles -- which in turn makes him shriek more. Creating a viscous circle of shrill, ear popping chaos."



Start today and make a collection of the little things in your daily life, before they are gone.



1 comment: