Thursday, October 27, 2011

The recovery

Okay, I've had my moment and now I'm back! :-)

Thank you to everyone for your emails and thoughtful advice...in fact...this past week reminded me of a life lesson story.

We'll call it -- THE TUTU

For my oldest daughters birthday she asked for a Tutu to dance in. I watch way to much project runway and assumed my sweet skills I acquired from 'Sewing in the Fastlane' (a class I took in High School) were still sharp and ready to wow. So I bought everything I thought I would need and decided that I would whip up one of the most amazing Tutus my daughter had ever seen, but at the end of my 3rd day...I was left with a mess. A flat, 10-gallon, non-stretch elastic waisted mess.
I was going to burn the thing -- but my husband insisted that after all that work I should still give it to her. When she opened her gift, she cheered "A TUTU!" then when she pulled it from the box she said,"Wait? what is this?"
I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I was glued to the couch in complete disappointment as I looked on. My hubby spoke up for me and told her that it was a Tutu that I had made for her.
This is when my amazing daughter said, "Oh I love it!! You would make something for me? Wow, its perfect!" Then she tried to put it on and she looked like a....well......I don't even have words for it.
(Poor girl)

Needless to say -- she never wore it and a few days later I was sharing this tale with one of my dear neighborhood friends when she said, "Oh you should have just called me, I know how to make easy Tutu's where you just tie and go - no sewing."
I took from this life lesson the idea of never trying to tackle things on my own, no matter what it is. I realize now that no matter what I'm faced with, some one I know will always have a way to over come or some advice to help improve my situation. I hope you will do the same, don't try to tackle tasks on your own, that's why Heavenly Father gave us family and friends!

And that is why I posted the last post and asked for you to help-- and you pulled through just like I knew you would. I actually received a quote from a few different ladies that I wanted to share.

""People are often unreasonable and self centered.  Forgive them anyway.  If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.  If you are honest, people may cheat you.  Be honest anyway.  If you find happiness, people may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.  The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.  Do good anyway.  Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.  Give your best anyway.  For you see, in the end it is between you and God.  It never was between you and them anyway."  (Mother Teresa)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR UPLIFTING ME AND CARRYING ME WHEN I NEEDED YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment