Friday, December 16, 2011

MAMA POWER

These past couple of weeks have been extra crazy for some reason and I bet I'm not alone.

On top of the usual everyday dishes, laundry, grocery store trips, homework and more...we ladies always think its possible to add to the mix this time of year a couple holiday parties, school parties, Christmas shopping, gift making, present wrapping, treat making, Christmas card mailing....aauuuuhhhh the list goes on.

Even after the kids are in bed we find ourselves plugging away til the wee hours of the morning......I guess that could be considered Mama Power, but tonight, I believe I have discovered the true meaning of the phrase.

We have had the opportunity to have our sweet niece stay with our family this week. She has been such a joy and a blessing to have in our home.

Tonight as she and my girls were getting ready for bed I walked past their bedroom door and heard them giggling hysterically inside. I paused for a moment at the closed door with a smile to listen...curious to find out what in the world was so funny to an eight, a seven and a five year old girl.

What I discovered however, was that their conversation was a brutal verbal beat down to a once beloved friend of my dear five year old.

I listened for a bit longer to the ridiculous things they were saying about poor Dora The Explorer.

Finally, I cracked open the door, popped my head in and said, "Lets remember to say nice things....even if it is about poor Dora. "

My girls just gave me the 'OOhhh mom' look but my Niece stared back at me with a look of complete shock upon her face, She stared at me for a bit - jaw open, mind racing (I'm sure), then replied...."WOW...How good is your hearing?? You must have Mama Power like my mom!"

I was caught off guard for a second but them asked with a laugh, "What Power?"

Then she replied, "You know...Mama Power."

----------------------
Auh yes...Mama Power...
- The power to hear through doors
- The power to heal hurt with only a kiss and a hug
- The power to silence any room with 'The Look'
- The power to service selflessly with out need of recognition
- The power to teach without an education
- The power to wash your 3 year old's hands and flush a toilet with your foot all in the same motion
- The power to function on 4 hours of sleep night after night
- The power to set the mood of the home
- The power to receive parental promptings...and then the power to act on them speedily
- The power to sneak clean laundry into drawers and closets of rooms where babies are sleeping
- The power to shape a little ones life
- The power to relate to situations that occur
- The power to be a true best friend
- The power to truly listen
- The power to never die from the monotony of our everyday routine
- The power to love unconditionally
- The power to also forgive unconditionally
- The power to get emotional...over EVERYTHING and be okay with it because ITS NORMAL
- The power to be amazing in the eyes of a little one.....


And that's when it hits you....Mama Power....the power inside that you never knew you had.

Now use that power and become someones hero today.

THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE POSTINGS OF A RAMBLING CRAZY PERSON WHO BELIEVES SHE CAN TAKE SOMETHING AND TURN IT INTO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN IT IS.....HEY...MAYBE THAT'S ANOTHER ONE OF MY MAMA POWERS!! SWEET!  :-)  ANYWAY...I WISH THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment