Friday, December 30, 2011

Memories of Me

I opened my "Napkins" Christmas morning while two little gitty girls gathered near with anticipation. The second the wrapping paper was off they both nearly exploded then squealed,  "Its not napkins! We tricked you, Mom!"

In place of napkins I found a delicate necklace that bore one simple charm which read "MOM".

A symbol of what I now am- and not because I'm now maturing into my 30's :-) or because I have been out of the singles-game for almost 12 years now...but its because I am fortunate enough to have 4 beautiful children in my life that call me "MOM"...and for that, I'm grateful.

It hasn't been an easy road and it definitely hasn't been filled everyday with rainbows and sunshine like I imagined before I had kids -- there have been many dark and cloudy days, but I'll take the clouds so I remember to appreciate and soak in the sun when it shines.

With the planning and pondering of our New Years Resolutions coming to full swing over the next little while -- I would like to share with you a New Resolution to consider adding to your list--

Add to your list: Improve M.O.M
(and not for the reasons you might be thinking)
We women could think of a million and two ways to "Improve our mothering techniques" this next year...but the one I hope you focus on is strictly the M.O.M portion.....
M.O.M = Memories Of Me

In the busy world we call home, we often try to match the pace of the mayhem around us, leaving little time to slow and look at the demanding, amped up life we are trying to live. 

We have our shopping lists, endless loads of laundry and dishes, dirty floors to clean, social networks and blogs to update. :-)

Some of us try to balance duties of home while working outside jobs, the list is endless...but I promise you, that the things we occupy most of our day with (which I'm just as guilty), if left alone for a time, will still be there unchanged tomorrow --  but our little ones will not. 

Every day they grow older, Every hour they absorb, Every minute they are looking for something to do....can't that something but with you??

The greatest gift you could give your family this year are the memories they will hold dear for the rest of their life....memories of their time spent with you.

So live up to that wonderful title you have been so fortunate to bare -- MOM -- and give your children the TIME to create something irreplaceable, which are those precious memories of you!

--- HAPPY 2012--- 
MAY IT BE A BRIGHT & SUNNY YEAR FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment