Friday, January 6, 2012

Giving what you can

Have you ever wondered why bad things happen to good people?
The other night I almost came to the conclusion that I need to stop watching the news because there is to much stuff that's makes me sad, hearing all those stories of loss, heartache and thoughtless acts of violence that forever changes someones life.

The more I hear lately the more I have wondered - not expected - but just wondered why bad things happen to good people. I wasn't even necessarily looking for an answer but I found one. And where did I find it?? In the scriptures of course. :)

Yes, I am still plugging through the Old Testament - I'm determined to actually complete it this year :)

I started JOB the other night and read some interesting verses:

Job 5:7-17 (my condensed version)

  "Man is born unto trouble (adversity)....Seek God, and unto God commit [your] cause. Which doeth great things...marvellous things without number. [He will] set up on high those that [are] low; that those which mourn may be exalted to safety...he saveth the poor...so the poor hath hope. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty. Know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace.
Know thou [that] it is for thy good."

Job went on to say..."The lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
-------------------------------------
So no matter who we are, young - old, rich - poor, religious or not....trials are going to come our way.

We will be a witness to many in this life, friend or foe, stranger or not - we should never turn our heads or ignore or just idly stand by watching, I feel it is our duty to love and help others in their times of need.

When we see tragedies or calamities that have befallen those around us - realize that it is not just the financial assistance they need.
Sometimes they need the call of angels to come upon them. To bear them up, give them strength, reassurance and peace of mind.
That's why I'm asking you to remember to simply pray for the ones you hear are in need -- giving your thoughts and your prayers will do more for that family than any earthly assistance.

No one can provide more comfort than the presence of the comforter himself.

And a reminder to anyone out there who feels they are alone in their trail -- You are never alone. Someone is always thinking about you and praying for you.

So ask yourself, "Have I done any good in the world today?"
If you have prayed for another - your goodness will be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment